From Húsavík: Traditional Whale Watching Tour
Look for whales in their natural environment on a whale watching tour from Húsavík. Climb aboard a traditional Icelandic oak boat for a 3-hour guided adventure in search of the giants of the ocean. Get a 97 to 99% chance of seeing whales!
Climb aboard a traditional Icelandic oak boat and experience a traditional whale watching tour from Europe's whale watching capital at Húsavík.
Sail out into the bay and prepare to be captivated by the work of Mother Nature. Your specialized guide will give a safety demonstration on board the boat and then feed you live commentary on all the sights you will encounter. Skjálfandi Bay is known for its rich wildlife, including numerous types, shapes and sizes of whale.
Keep a look out for the acrobatic humpback whales and giant blue whales. This is wild nature and therefore unpredictable, but your chances of seeing whales in their natural environment is very high. Sail back to Húsavík harbor and enjoy the stunning scenery with a cup of hot chocolate and a traditional Icelandic kleina (twisted donut).
- Please bring warm and waterproof clothing
- The tour is subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to bad weather, you will be given the option of another date or full refund
- If no whales (dolphins included) are seen on the tour, you will be offered a voucher for a traditional whale watching tour free of charge, however, no refund is given
- The tour is wheelchair accessible. Please contact the tour operator prior to arrival
What You Get
- Specialized guide
- Live commentary on board the boat
- Light refreshments
- Warm overalls and raincoats
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at the Gentle Giants ticket center in central Húsavík (look for the big blue flags).