Fridheimar: Icelandic Horse Stable Visit and 5-Gait Demo
Visit the Fridheimar Farm and learn about the nature and history of the Icelandic horse. Pet the horses in the stable and snap some photos of this unique breed. Witness their five gaits: walk, trot, gallop, tölt, and flying pass.
Do you want to meet the famed Icelandic horse up close and learn more about this fantastic breed? Then join in for a visit to a Icelandic horse stable, where stable experts and horses await you.
While enjoying a cup of coffee or tea, specialists will tell you all about what makes the Icelandic horse unique, as well as their historic significance and how they are used today. Then you can meet the horses inside the stables, pet them, and take pictures.
As a highlight, one horse is shown ridden around the oval track. Witness the five gaits of the Icelandic horse during a exciting demonstration; see the horse walk, trot, and gallop and witness the special tölt and flying pace.
- Meet and greet Icelandic horses
- Learn a lot about the history and nature of these special animals
- See the five different gaits of the Icelandic horse
- Take unique pictures and enjoy a coffee or tea with the horses
Tours start at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 1:30pm and 2pm.
What You Get
- Presentation about the nature and history of the Icelandic horse
- One-rider horse show
- Ability to pet and take photos with the horses
- Coffee and tea
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
5HH4+22 Reykholt, Southern Iceland, Iceland
Please check in at the reception of the restaurant in the open greenhouse on the Fridheimar Farm. Arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts. The Fridheimar Farm is situated in the Golden Circle, around one hour and 15 minutes from Reykjavik.