Dragon Glass Katla Ice Cave | Super Jeep from Vik
Visit this truly unique Ice Cave underneath Katla volcano. Witness the breathtaking combination of fire and ice inside one of the rarest natural phenomenon.
After being picked up from Vík, we’ll take you on the road of “no man” that will take you to the mysterious cave. The road is bumpy and views are out-of-this-planet. You’ll feel like you are taking a sneeky peek into the highlands are you see yourself surrounded by mountains covered in moss. The ice cave is located in Kötlujökull Glacier which is an outlet glacier of Mýrdalsjökull glacier. Underneath awaits the mighty volcano Katla, that names both the glacier and the ice cave. Once you arrive to the glacier, your guide will hand you all the necessary ice cave equipment and go over a safety briefing and facts about glaciers and ice caves. You’ll take a fun walk on the glacier with your experienced glacier guide before you enter the famous cave of “dragon glass”. The view inside the Ice Cave is truly spectacular the combination of the colors of the ice we don’t think are possible in nature, which is why this cave is also known as the “Dragon Ice Cave” because of Game of Thrones… Prepare to be amazed!
- Age limit for this tour is 8 years old
- Bring along hiking boots (available for rent) and outdoor clothes (available for rent)
Tour departs at 09:30 hrs and 13:00 hrs.
Please show up 15 minutes before your scheduled tour.
What You Get
- Ride on a Super Jeep into the country
- Certified Glacier Guide
- Fun Glacier Walk
- All Safety Ice Cave Equipment: crampons, helmet, and a headlamp
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The Soup Company Víkurbraut 5
Víkurbraut 5, Vík 870, IS