With crampons on foot and ice axe in hand, get intimate with the ancient ice formations of Europe's largest glacier!
Our world-renowned “Glacier Explorer” in-depth glacier adventure takes you to Falljökull, one of the most impressive outlet glaciers of the Vatnajökull ice cap. We will take an inspiring walk along a winding path through the dramatically changing landscape carved out by the glacier. Arriving at the tongue of the glacier, we will gear up on crampons. With your guide leading the way, you will soon be exploring an impressive terrain, walking through a wonderland of ice formations and brilliant blue colors.
You will enjoy vast, sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and the amazing crevasse system. Depending on the glacier conditions we will enter the rugged and chaotic icefall where it tumbles over the side of the underlying mountain and down towards the ocean. Imagine that, standing in an actual icefall, up close and personal with the ancient ice.
This trip will provide you with plenty of photo opportunities and the chance to gain a deep understanding of this magnificent glacier, how it is formed and how it continues to change shape every day.
- Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good hiking boots are recommended
This tour departs at 11am. Timings may vary based on day chosen. We will reconfirm with you before the tour is booked if an 11am tour is not available.
Departure from our Skaftafell booking center (gray house with the turf roof). Skaftafell is located 327km (203 miles) from Reykjavík.
What You Get
- Guided Glacier Hike
- Certified Glacier Guide
- Specialized Glacier Gear
- All Necessary Safety Equipment
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.