Icelandic Horse Riding Tour in Lava Fields
Head out of Reykjavik to Íshestar Riding Center in the Reykjavík area on a 1.5 to 2-hour horse riding excursion.
Treat yourself to a 1.5 to 2-hour Icelandic horse riding excursion. From the Íshestar Stables in Hafnarfjörður you can enjoy the friendly horses on excellent riding paths. Ride through lava fields and along beautiful green hillsides. Look for different rock formations in the lava while experiencing the special gait of these horses, known as tölt.
The Íshestar Stables is unique in Iceland with facilities as good as they get. It’s set in beautiful surroundings just outside the town of Hafnarfjörður, about 10 minutes drive from Reykjavík. The facilities and the fascinating area provide endless opportunities of riding, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
The locker room of the Stables is well equipped. All customers are provided with warm overalls, rain gear, riding boots, and helmets in their sizes. The Íshestar staff take pride in finding horses to suit individual needs, as well as secure the safety of everybody.
- Duration: 4 hours (with transfer), Riding: 1.5-2 hours, with stops
- Please note there is a weight limit of 110kg/240 lbs for this tour
- This tour is ideal for beginners as well as more experienced riders
- Please note that you cannot take any backpacks or bags with you on the ride but there are safety boxes at the Riding Centre where you can store your valuables
- Please remember that pick-up (if option selected) is possible only from hotels or main guesthouses. If you are staying in a private flat, the closest pick-up point will be communicated to you by email
- Pickup starts 60 minutes before the tour departure time
- In the event if the departure time of the tour selected is unavailable, a Changi Recommends representative will contact you for alternative arrangements
- Please send an email with your order number to email@example.com or fill up the form here to arrange your pick-up location
- In your email, please provide us with the following information:
- Personal Particulars (Name, Contact No.)
- Number of Visitors
- Address of your hotel or accommodation
Departure/Days of week: Every day at 10:00 hrs, 14:00 hrs
Pick up starts from: 09:00 hrs, 13:00 hrs
Season: All year
Sörlaskeið 26, 220 Hafnafjörður, Iceland
*Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour departure time
What You Get
- Horse riding as per itinerary
- Riding helmets
- Rubber boots
- Rainwear or a warm outfit during the ride
- English and Scandinavian-speaking guidance
How to Use
- Please present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher to the operator
Terms and Conditions
- You can present a printed or mobile copy of the voucher/ticket for this activity
- The voucher/ticket is accepted only at authorised redemption points
- The voucher/ticket is valid only on the date and time specified
- The voucher/ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion unless otherwise stated
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for uncollected tickets
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.