1-Hour Helicopter Tour in Iceland: The Geothermal Tour
Enjoy this 50-60 minute helicopter flight over geothermal springs, colorful mountain ranges, power plants, lava fields and craters. Depart from Reykjavik Domestic Airport and land for 15 minutes in the wilderness to enjoy the fantastic scenery of Iceland.
Start your trip from Reykjavik Domestic Airport, just 5 minutes’ drive from the center of the city. Be ready to begin your helicopter ride with a fantastic view of the Reykjavik area and watch it fade into the distance as you make your way to colorful mountain ranges with hot springs.
Continue your journey to an area known for its lava fields and craters. Take the chance to peek into a crater from the helicopter and enjoy the views from above while sitting in warmth and comfort. Later on you will be able to see Iceland’s power plants that Icelanders are so proud of, and hear more about how it works from your knowledgeable pilot.
After landing in a stunning spot near hot springs, take some breathtaking photos to capture a memory of a lifetime! The flight concludes by flying over Reykjavik to give an aerial overview of the city before you return to the starting point, Reykjavik Domestic Airport.
- Enjoy a 50 to 60-minute helicopter flight over Iceland’s most scenic areas
- Soar over geothermal power plants and bubbling hot springs
- Learn more about Iceland’s geothermal activity from a knowledgeable pilot
- Fly over deep volcanic craters and hot springs
- If the weather forecast is not looking promising, your tour will be rescheduled or you will receive a full refund
- The tour may be subject to availability. After the booking, you will be receive the exact starting time by email
- The total duration of the tour is 50-60 minutes, which includes a 25-35 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing by a remote geothermal area on an old volcano. Exact duration depends on helicopter type and weather.
9am to 5pm.
What You Get
- 50 to 60-minute helicopter flight with 1 landing right next to hot springs
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Norðurflug Helicopter Tours, located at the east side of Reykjavik Domestic Airport. Nauthólsvegur 58d, Building 313, 101 Reykjavik. Behind Icelandair Hotel Natura hotel. You will be informed about your exact starting time by the local supplier after booking.