Hjalteyri: Whale-Watching Boat Trip
Experience a breathtaking whale-watching tour from the small fishing village of Hjalteyri, located within 15 minutes from Akureyri. The calm seas of Eyjafjörður, Iceland's longest fjord, make conditions for whale watching highly favorable.
It's not surprising that many northerners believe that Hjalteyri is one of the best-kept secrets of North Iceland. Eyjafjörður is a favorable habitat for marine life, so favorable in fact that whales were spotted on all of these tours in 2016.
On this whale-watching tour, you'll graciously glide through the calm seas of Eyjafjörður under the guidance and expertise of a qualified crew. This tour is approximately two-and-a-half hours long.
This tour gives you the unique and exceptional opportunity to get in touch with the magnificent wildlife found in the north of Iceland, most notably the majestic whales and seabirds.
- Please make sure you are properly dressed for this tour as it can be cold out in the bay. Bring hats, gloves and good shoes
Starts at 10am.
What You Get
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on-board with a professional guide
- Warm overalls
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Hjalteyri harbor, Northeastern Region, Iceland