2-Hour Icelandic Horse Lava Riding Tour with Pick-Up
Head out of Reykjavik to Íshestar Riding Center in the Reykjavík area on a 1.5 to 2-hour horse riding excursion.
Treat yourself to a 1.5 to 2-hour Icelandic horse riding excursion. From the Íshestar Stables in Hafnarfjörður you can enjoy the friendly horses on excellent riding paths. Ride through lava fields and along beautiful green hillsides. Look for different rock formations in the lava while experiencing the special gait of these horses, known as tölt.
The Íshestar Stables is unique in Iceland with facilities as good as they get. It’s set in beautiful surroundings just outside the town of Hafnarfjörður, about 10 minutes drive from Reykjavík. The facilities and the fascinating area provide endless opportunities of riding, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
The locker room of the Stables is well equipped. All customers are provided with warm overalls, raingear, riding boots, and helmets in their sizes. The Íshestar staff take pride in finding horses to suit individual needs, as well as secure the safety of everybody.
Departure/Days of week: Every day at 10:00 and 14:00
Season: All year
Duration: 3 hours (with transfer)
Riding: 1.5-2 hours, with stops.
Transfer starts from: 09:00 and 13:00
Age limit: 8 years. Children 8 - 15 years receive a 50% discount.
Please note that you cannot take any backpacks or bags with you on the ride but there are safety boxes at the Riding Centre where you can store your valuables.
Tour timings: 10am and 2pm
What You Get
- Horse riding as per itinerary
- Riding helmets
- Rubber boots
- Rainwear or a warm outfit during the ride
- English and Scandinavian-speaking guidance
- Please note there is a weight limit of 110 kg/240 lbs for this tour.
- This tour is ideal for beginners as well as more experienced riders.
- Please remember that pick-up is possible only from hotels or main guesthouses. If you are staying in a private flat, the closest pick-up point will be communicated to you by email.
How To Buy
1. Purchase online
2. Email the following information to email@example.com or fill up the form here for booking of the tour:
•Hotel Details (Name, address and contact number)
•Number of visitors
3. Receive a second email confirmation with the tour details
65 6701 1185
65 9134 1516 (Text Only)
Terms and Conditions
Amendment and Cancellation Policy:
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- For amendments or cancellation, kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and details at least 3 working days prior to date chosen.
- 10% administrative fee will be charged for cancellation.
- No amendments or cancellations will be entertained for any requests less than 3 working days.
- Changi Recommends and the merchant will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual’s negligence.
- Changi Recommends will not be responsible for the loss of ticket caused by individual’s negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.