Take the family on a fun river rafting expedition of the West Glacial River of Vestari-Jökulsá in North Iceland. Enjoy the staggering beauty of the river canyon and jump in the river to cool down.
On this 4-hour rafting excursion of North Iceland you will wind your way through the irresistible landscapes of the Vesturdalur Valley, before drifting deep into the staggering beauty of the West Glacial River canyon. Jump in the river, have a splash, or just relax and take in the magnificent scenery.
The trip takes things at an easy pace and is suitable for anyone aged 8 or over who wants a day of fun, combined with soft adventure in dramatic scenery. Featuring bubbling hot springs and a mind-blowing landscape, everyone, from the novice rafter to the whole family can enjoy a gentle white-water experience and the unique opportunity to explore the Icelandic wilderness from the depths of the West Glacial River's magnificent canyon.
As you negotiate gentle rapids, through the twists and bends of the towering gorge, you will pause to sample hot cocoa from nature's own kettle, get caught up in a friendly water fight, bathe your soul in the invigorating glacial runoff, or simply kick back and let your troubles drift away with the meandering waters!
- What to bring: Thermal underwear / base layers; Warm fleece top / wool sweater; Fleece pants / extra long johns; Thick wool socks / hiking socks (at least 1 pair); Dry change of clothes for after the trip
- Be prepared to get wet! All clothing worn on the river should be made of fleece, wool, or other synthetic materials that keep their insulating ability when wet. NO COTTON!
- Disclaimer: All river rafting trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. The agent: Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents caused by its clients or which can be traced to their own actions. Participants will be required to sign a waiver form prior to their trip, acknowledging that all outdoor adventure activities carry an inherit risk. We reserve the right to cancel trips at any time due to safety reasons.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Rafting base at Hafgrímsstaðir.