Explore the lava-formed landscapes and majestic waterfalls of Northeastern Region on this 1-day super jeep tour. See Dettifoss, Europe's most powerful waterfall. Explore the ancient Lake Mývatn, and view the fjords from Eyjafjordur.
After being picked up in a super jeep, you will venture to Goðafoss, one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Iceland, known as the waterfall of the Gods. Your tour will then continue to Lake Mývatn. This ancient lake was formed by a large basaltic lava eruption 2300 years ago and is surrounded by rare volcanic landforms, including lava pillars and rootless vents.
Driving deeper into this otherworldly landscape, you will get a chance to see the hot spring area at Hverarönd in Námaskarð. Then gaze at the incredible might of Europe's most powerful waterfall, Dettifoss.
As you embark on your return journey, you will stop to investigate Skútustaðagígar, and area of pseudo craters, and the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir. These are among the most popular tourist attractions in the Mývatn area. Finally, you will stop in Eyjafjordur and admire the scenic view over the fjord to Akureyri.
- This tour is available per group of up to 6 people
- Please bring warm clothes, good hiking shoes, gloves, a water bottle and light snacks
- This tour is dependant on weather and road conditions
- Changes to the itinerary may occur at short notice
- Pickup and dropoff at your accommodation in Akureyri area, the airport or the cruise terminal. If requested, you can meet your guide at the Hof Cultural Center, Strandgata 12, 600 Akureyri, Iceland
- After purchase, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.