Discover dramatic canyons and powerful waterfalls on a magical journey through the geothermal landscapes of Iceland's Diamond Circle. See puffins nesting on the cliffs in the summer and try out the Geothermal Sea Baths.
Depart Akureyri and travel towards Lake Mývatn, famed for its naturally heated man-made lagoon of healing waters. Continue to the Highlands of Iceland to marvel at the majestic Jökulsárgljúfur Canyon. Benefit from expert local guidance as you journey through the magical terrain.
Travel along a rural route down into the canyon and visit iconic locations such as the Dettifoss Waterfall and basalt cliffs of Hljóðaklettar. Admire the geothermal landscapes of Ásbyrgi Canyon and the Arctic coastline.
After a scenic drive along the Arctic coastline, stop in the fishing village of Húsavík where you can try the new GeoSea Geothermal Sea Baths. Those who don´t want to try the baths can spend time exploring the village.
Encounter powerful waterfalls, stunning nature and active geothermal areas as you look for unique bird life, including puffins nesting in the cliffs of the Tjörnes Peninsula from June to the middle of August.
- Wear warm clothes and good walking shoes
- Bring a water bottle and packed lunch. There is a break for refreshments at a café, but it is quite late on the tour
- The itinerary, length and availability of this tour is subject to the weather and road conditions
- Pick-up possible from centrally located hotels and guesthouses in Akureyri
- After purchase, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.