Travel to the interior of Iceland and marvel at the lunar-like landscapes of the Icelandic Highlands. Visit a variety of natural wonders during this full-day excursion, including Lake Mývatn, the Skínandi Waterfall and the Askja Caldera.
This 14-hour tour is the perfect way to experience the interior of Iceland and the lunar-like landscape of the Icelandic Highlands. The tour starts and ends in Akureyri, and on the route between Lake Mývatn and Akureyri there will be a stop to visit the legendary Goðafoss Waterfall.
Iceland’s Highlands is the area that was chosen by NASA as the location for training Apollo astronauts before the first lunar landing.
During the tour you’ll see natural landmarks such as the Herðubreiðalindir Oasis, Drekagil Gully and Skínandi Waterfall. You’ll see where the Icelandic outlaws lived in the middle ages after they were banished from society.
Keep an eye out for trolls, ghosts and other creatures that are said to live in the area and have haunted travelers for centuries!
- The tour includes a fair amount of walking so warm clothing and sturdy walking shoes are recommended
- Due to weather and/or road conditions the itinerary might be altered, resulting in a longer journey time or cancelation of the tour
- During the tour there is a break for refreshments at a café, however the stop is quite late on the tour, so bringing a packed lunch is recommended
- Hotel pick-up is available in Akureyri
- After purchase, please email to email@example.com to arrange your pickup. Include your order number and pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.