Vergina & Pella: Day Trip to the Greek Kingdom of Macedonia
Take a full day trip by bus from Thessaloniki and travel back in time, into the Macedonian Kingdom of Alexander the Great and Philip II.
Enjoy a beautiful day in Pella, learning about the ancient past of this area. You depart from Thessaloniki to Pella by a modern bus at 08:00 AM. The distance is about 50 km and the trip lasts about 45 minutes. Reach Pella, where you'll visit the new, modern museum, as well as the Archaeological site with the unique mosaics.
Continue to Vergina and visit the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai, which is situated in the borders of the village. A local licensed tour guide will guide you into the Museums and the Archaeological sites.
Board the bus and drive to a fantastic restaurant for lunch. Savor Greek traditional homemade dishes, before the bus takes you back to Thessaloniki at approximately 3:30 PM.
- Please bring cash for the entry tickets
- Please bring your ID/passport to qualify for reduced prices
- The meeting points for this tour are: Thessaloniki White Tower(Entrance) 08:00 AM; Makedonia Palace Hotel 08:05 AM; Aristotle’s Square & Egnatia Street (Venizelos)
What You Get
- Roundtrip transportation by modern A/C bus
- Basic travel transport insurance
- Skip-the-line assistance at the sites
- Multiple meeting points in Thessaloniki
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
White Tower(Entance) 08:00 AM
Stop 1: Makedonia Palace Hotel 08:05 AM
Stop 2: Aristotle’s Square & Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue) 08:15 AM
Stop 3: Capsis Hotel 08:20 AM
Stop 4: The Met Hotel 08:25 AM