Take in the fresh mountainous air as you walk through the forest of Meteora and visit the monastery of Great Meteoron.
Hike through the majestic 'rock forest' of Meteora, see the best monasteries and experience the most captivating views on this morning tour. The Meteora Hiking Tour is one of the best ways to enjoy this unique geological phenomenon and learn the history of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. By joining this morning hike, you will walk through hidden trails that only locals know. Go on a journey back in time, following the footsteps of the first monks who arrived here more than 15 centuries ago. Join this amazing guided hiking tour and walk among the gigantic rock pillars of Meteora to enjoy truly breathtaking views.
The hike begins from the foothills of Doupiani rock, beneath the old ruins of Pantokrator monastery. Then crosses through the immense rock formations to reach the northern side of Meteora. Over that side, you’ll discover the hidden monastery of Ypapanti and the ruins of St. Dimitrios. Listen to the stories and the legends behind each place you pass along the trail and the thousand years of history will become alive through the exciting narrative of our local mountain guides. You will enter the hidden monastery of Ypapanti (only Monday to Friday), which opened for hikers. Afterward, you will visit the monasteries of Great Meteoron or Varlaam and then you’ll walk down the old footpath monks used for centuries before the construction of roads for the last part of this marvellous hike.
Combine this tour with our Sunset tour and create the full day ultimate Meteora experience!
- Tour Duration: 4.5 Hours
- This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants
- The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers
- Please be ready 10 minutes prior to your trip and note that the pick-up time might fluctuate by 5-10 minutes
- All tours run regardless of weather. In the event of unfavourable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Kindly note that visitors are required to dress appropriately during their visit to the monasteries
- Complementary pick up and drop off available for hotels in Kalampaka and Kastraki only
- Pick-up from AirBNBs are not available. If you are staying in Kalampaka and Kastraki, pick-up location can be arranged at our merchant's office (VisitMeteora.travel)
- To arrange pick up and drop off, please send an email with your order number and hotel location (Kalampaka and Kastraki hotels only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour departs at 08:30 am and ends at 1:00 pm.
What You Get
- Professional English speaking Mountain guide
- Bottle of water 0.5L
- Local snacks
- Transportation by VIP Mercedes mini bus
- Taxes and service fees
- Entrance fee on the monastery
- Gratuities (optional)
How to use
- Print the e-voucher sent to your email after purchase and present it to the tour operator on the day of tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Hotel pickup (Kalampaka and Kastraki hotels only)