Meteora Day Trip From Athens By Train
Discover the astonishing Meteora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and enjoy excellent views of Athens and Meteora.
This partially guided Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train will provide you with the opportunity to visit Meteora from Athens. If you are in Athens seize the day and admire a world heritage site of mainland Greece.
The tour starts from Larissa train station in Athens where you will board the train on your own for the trip to Kalabaka-Meteora at 08:20 in the morning. Enjoy a scenic rail trip through the beautiful Greek countryside. Around 13:30 the train arrives in Kalabaka train station where our guide will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name. You will board a Limo VIP minibus of up to 19 seats to take you on a tour around the site of Meteora to enjoy breathtaking views and to visit the ancient monasteries. The tour will give you the chance to learn the history behind; to make brief stops on the best viewpoints of Meteora and to visit inside 2 monasteries of Meteora.
At around 17:00 in the evening, the bus will transfer you back to Kalambaka train station for your trip back to Athens. The train departs at 17:22 and arrives at Athens around 22:15.
- Tour Duration: 14 Hours
- Starting Time: 7:15 am
- Dress code: Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are prohibited. For ladies skirts and shawls are available at the entrance in case they don’t have such clothing to cover themselves
- Departure time from Athens: 07.20 - Arrival time in Kalabaka: 11.30
- Departure time from Kalabaka: 17.15 - Arrival time in Athens: 21.25
- Using the ticket sent to you via email, you will board the train from Athens to Kalabaka on your own
- A guide will meet you at the train station after your train arrives at Meteora
- The guide will be holding a signboard with your name written on it in the parking lot of Kalabaka train station
- You’ll receive your train tickets via email approximately one month before your trip date
- Participants are advised to print their train tickets as there is an off-chance that a train inspector may give you a hard time if you present them with an electronic version
Tour departs at 7:15 am.
What You Get
- English speaking tour leader
- Round trip train tickets from Athens to Meteor
- First class train tickets upon request
- Free map and bottle of water provided on the tours
- Free wifi on board
- Taxes & service fees
- Pick-up and drop-off service: Kalampaka Railway Station
- Pick-up from Hotel to the Athens railway station
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to the monasteries, 3 euro per person for each monastery
- Personal travel insurance
How to use
- Kindly present your printed voucher to the tour on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Kalampaka Railway Station