Discover the birthplace of Alexander the Great on a magical journey through time to Pella. Visit the ancient capital of the Kingdom of Macedon at Vergina and more.
Following early morning pick-up from Thessaloniki, journey by luxurious air-conditioned bus to the village of Pella. Visit the archaeological site and museum to see the stunning remains of the historical capital of the ancient kingdom of Macedon and birthplace of Alexander the Great.
Look at the impressive mosaic floors that used to decorate the grand mansions, including depictions from Greek mythology of the Deer Hunt, the Abduction of Helen, the Rapture and the female warriors of the Battle of the Amazons (Amazonomachy).
Continue to Vergina, best known as the site of Aigai, the first capital of Macedon. Spend approximately 1 hour in the extraordinary museum, where artifacts of incredible beauty excavated from the archaeological site are on display, along with the tomb of Alexander the Great’s father, Philip II.
Depart Vergina at 04:00 PM and return to Thessaloniki late in the afternoon for an estimated arrival time of around 05:30 PM.
- The visit to the museum and archaeological site of Pella is approximately 1.5 hours
- The visit to the museum in Vergina is approximately 1 hour
- The return to Thessaloniki is at around 05:00 PM - 05:30 PM
- There will be a lunch break of approximately 70 minutes
- After purchase, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your pcikup. Please inlcude the following:
- Full name
- Order number
- Pickup/ dropoff location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.