Take a day excursion to travel back in time! Discover the culture and the traditional heritage of the mythical mountain of Olympus where the 12 gods of ancient Greece lived. Hike to the Enipeas gorge and enjoy lunch at a picturesque village nearby.
Depart from Thessaloniki and head to the archaeological park of Dion. Take some free time to explore the exterior archaeological site, enjoying a trip back in history. Admire the ancient theater of Dion, known for hosting the plays of the ancient philosopher Euripides, now host to the Olympus Festival.
Next, visit the unique museum of Dion to see statues of the ancient city, and move on to admire the magnificent mosaic of the House of Dionysus in a chamber next to the museum.
Enjoy lunch in one of the traditional restaurants of the village, and continue to Olympus, the house of the 12 Gods, known worldwide for its mythological background. Take a short trek on the foothills of the mountain following the Enipeas gorge. Admire the wild nature and the river, and stop to capture the view of the astonishing mountain. Head back to Thessaloniki at around 3:30 PM.
- The hike that leads to the cave of Saint Dionysius takes about 20 minutes and requires comfortable walking shoes
- Please be informed that there is the possibility of modifying the schedule of the excursion according to current weather conditions; in case of non-favorable weather conditions (mostly during winter season) the short trek might be replaced either by visiting the picturesque village of Litochoro or by visiting the Holy Monastery of Saint Dionysus
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Board the bus at one of the following meeting points:
- White Tower Entrance at 8:00 AM
- Makedonia Palace Hotel at 8:05 AM
- Aristotle’s Square and Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue) at 8:15 AM
- Capsis Hotel at 8:20 AM, and The Met Hotel at 8:25 AM