This tour is perfect for young travellers on a budget.
Travelling on a budget? We've got you covered! This tour is the perfect option for young travellers visiting Meteora to explore this unique place.
It’s worth booking a tour when having someone else handle the transportation arrangements so you can sit back and truly enjoy the experience. This tour includes the train tickets from Athens to Meteora and back, accommodation in a Hostel at Meteora and the best tours and activities for a unique travel experience.
Day 1, Athens to Meteora and Sunset Tour
Catch the morning train to Kalambaka at 07:20 am from Athens 'Larissa' Railway Station, arrival at Kalambaka, around 11:30 am. Late afternoon our minibus will pick you up from your hostel to join 'Meteora Sunset Tour'. Admire breathtaking views of Meteora and discover the hidden gems of this place in one of the best tours of Mainland Greece.
Day 2, Morning tour and back to Athens
For the next morning you may choose the activity you wish: the 'Half-Day morning Tour of Meteora' to see the main attractions, the monasteries of Meteora with a VIP minibus or to join the 'Hiking Tour of Meteora'. Experience amazing sceneries and visit monuments of the Byzantine period, the monasteries of Meteora. Around 13:00, the bus will drop you back to your hostel. The train to Athens departs from Kalambaka at 17:15 pm and arrives at Athens around 21:25 pm.
Duration: 2 days
- Dresscode: Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are prohibited. For ladies skirts and shawls are available at the entrance in case they don’t have such clothing to cover themselves.
- Departure time from Athens: 07.20 - Arrival time in Kalabaka: 11.30
- Departure time from Kalabaka: 17.15 - Arrival time in Athens: 21.25
The train departs to Kalambaka at 07:20 am from Athens 'Larissa' Railway Station.
Please be at the station at least 30 minutes before the departure in order to have plenty of time to find your coach and seats. The stewards there will assist you.
What You Get
- 2-days/1 night stay at a Hostel or add an extra night for SGD$30
- Return train tickets from Athens to Meteora
- Join the Meteora Sunset Tour
- Choose the between the Meteora Hiking Tour and the Meteora Half-day Tour for the second day's tour
- Discount on the tours and activities
- Taxes & service fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch or Dinner
- Entrance fees to the monasteries, 3 euro per person, per monastery
- Transfers to/ from train station, hotel/ hostel
- Personal travel insurance
How to use
- Kindly present your printed voucher to the tour on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
On our train tours, you will board the train from Athens or Thessaloniki on your own, using the tickets we will send you via email. Our guide will meet you at Kalabaka train station after your train arrives at Meteora. He will be holding a signboard with your name written on it in the parking lot of Kalabaka train station.