Before Barbie, iPads and LEGO took over, kids were entertained in very different ways. Dive into a toy box at the Benaki Toy Museum and see 20,000 children's toys, games and childhood items, from antiquity to 1970! Plus toys from the Roman, Byzantine and post-Byzantine periods.
Put away the gadgets and step into an old-school world of toys! The Benaki Toy Museum is based on the vintage collection by toy-lover Maria Argyriadi, which is one of the most important in Europe!
Be wowed by 20,000 toys and games and childhood items from Roman, Byzantine and post-Byzantine periods to 1970. See items remade by elderly Greeks, such as bows and arrows made from tree branches and string, and cars made from tin food cans.
See European dolls and games from the 17th to the 20th century, a selection of 19th and 20th-century European regional costume dolls wearing traditional Greek clothing, and more!
- Admission is free to visitors under 22 and disabled visitors
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00
Closed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Toy Museum Athens - Benaki Museum
14 Poseidonos & 1 Tritonos St, Palaio Faliro, 175 61, Athens
What You Get
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Proceed directly to the box office and show your printed or mobile ticket to have it scanned
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.