Take a day tour to the ancient cities of Epidaurus and Mycenae, and visit the Unesco-listed ancient theatre of Epidaurus.
Explore with your professional and passionate guide the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae, a major centre of Greek civilization from 1600BC to 1100BC and the archaeological treasure of Epidaurus. Follow in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks on this fascinating full day excursion.
Depart from our terminal via the coastal National highway for the strategically important Corinth canal (short stop). After the Corinth Canal, you enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece. Visit the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. You will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra's, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure.
Time will then be taken for a traditional Greek optional lunch at a nearby restaurant. Afterward, stop in the beautiful sea port of Nauplia the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of PALAMIDI and the fortified islet of BOURTZI (short stop). Continue on to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world. Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. Your day trip ends back to Athens late in the afternoon.
- Tour Duration: 10 Hours
- From April to October: Every Tuesday and Thursday tour stops for lunch at Nafplion. The other days and during winter season stops for lunch in a traditional restaurant outside Mycenae
- Recommended clothing: Comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses and hat
- If you opt for hotel pick-up/drop off, please provide the name of your hotel or the complete address of your apartment upon check out and we will send you information with your pick-up details
- Exact time and location of your pick-up will be provided once your tour has been confirmed
Tour departs at 08:30 hrs.
KEY TOURS TERMINAL
26 Athanasiou Diakou Str., Athina 117 43, Greece
What You Get
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Free WiFi on coaches
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
How to Use
- Please present your printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.