Enjoy breathtaking views of Cape Sounio before marvelling at the Temple of Poseidon.
A half day afternoon trip from Athens full of images and breathtaking views. Begin your Sounio tour with a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada,Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) and idyllic beaches.
As you approach Cape Sounion, one of Greece’s most photographed monuments, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. At Cape Sounio where you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). The precipice is a sheer 197-foot drop to the sea.
Land masses to the west stand out in sharp profile: the island of Aegina backed by the mountains of the Peloponnese. The beauty of the surviving Doric columns has inspired many poets, including Lord Byron who carved his name on one of the columns. This half day excursion is a great option if you want to discover Greece beyond Athens, enjoy stunning views and visit world famous Greek ruins.
- 4-hour guided excursion of Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
- Relax on a scenic drive along the Athens Riviera & enjoy breathtaking views of Aegean sea
- Marvel at the Temple of Poseidon and discover the stirring legends that surround it
- Pass by some of the most expensive & highly rated areas of Athens like Vouliagmeni, Varkiza & Glyfada area
- Visit Cape Sounion and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
Tour departs at 15:00 hrs.
KEY TOURS TERMINAL
26 Athanasiou Diakou Str., Athina 117 43, Greece
What You Get
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and Lisensed guide
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
How to Use
- Please present your printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.