This day-trip takes you to the splendid castles of Ludwig II, King of Bavaria. Visit fairytale Neuschwanstein and intimate Linderhof, lunch in Hohenschwangau, and take a small detour through the little town of Oberammergau.
In the seclusion of the mountains, King Ludwig II of Bavaria built 2 of his dream-castles: Neuschwanstein and Linderhof.
This trip from Munich in a luxury air-conditioned tour-bus will allow you to visit these two important examples of western architecture. Neuschwanstein Castle, in its stunning position in the foothills of the Alps, is also one of the most impressive sights in Germany. Here you will have around 4 hours to explore comfortably every fascinating detail.
Linderhof is the only castle that Ludwig the II managed to complete. Around noon you will take a rest at Hohenschwangau Castle, Ludwig's childhood home, for lunch (not included).
In addition, you will stop for a short time in Oberammergau, for the opportunity to photograph this picturesque little town and its environs, and to do a little shopping.
- Tour duration: 10.5 hours
- Audio guides are available in the bus and in the castle
- Please arrive at the bus-stop at least 20 minutes before the departure
- It takes about 30-40 minutes to walk from the ticket centre to the castle, around 1.5 kilometres on a steep uphill road
Tour starts at 08:30 hrs
The meeting- and departure-points are on the Bahnhofplatz, in front of the Karstadt shopping-center (Open in Google Maps)
What You Get
- Travel in a luxury tour bus with guide
- Audio guides
- Entry fees (can be bought from the guide during the trip)
How to Use
- Please present your printed or mobile voucher to the tour operator
- Meeting Point: The meeting- and departure-points are on the Bahnhofplatz, in front of the Karstadt shopping-center
Terms and Conditions
- You can present a printed or mobile copy of the voucher/ticket for this activity
- The voucher/ticket is accepted only at authorised redemption points
- The voucher/ticket is open dated and may be used at any date specified on the voucher/ticket
- The voucher/ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion unless otherwise stated
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for uncollected tickets
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.