Herrenchiemsee Castle: English Day Tour from Munich
Visit the magnificent New Palace on Herrenchiemsee and see Fraueninsel, islands on the beautiful Chiemsee lake.
Visit the two main islands on the scenic Chiemsee lake: Herreninsel and Frauenchiemsee (often called Fraueninsel). These idyllic islands are famous for their religious history, and the imposing New Palace found on Herreninsel – inspired by the iconic Palace of Versailles.
Your tour will take you around the picturesque palace grounds and walkways, surrounded by tranquil blue water and grand mountains. Discover the story of the palace, built by 'Mad' King Ludwig II, and learn about its past.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Radius Tours office
- The office is located inside Munich Central Station, at the side of the station. Walking from the central hall where the inter-city trains leave, follow platform 26 and turn right at the end when you see platforms 32-34. Turn around, and you will see the office!
- Please make sure to check in at the Radius Tours office 20 minutes before the start of the tour. Latecomers can't be waited for as the group must catch the train
- The tour starts at 09:20
What You Get
- Full-day, fully guided tour to Herrenchiemsee Castle
- Train transport
- Tour of the palace grounds and walkways
- Tour of Fraueninsel island and its Benedictine convent
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Radius Tours & Bikes GmbH
Munich Central Station, Arnulfstraße 3, 80335, Munich