No visit to Berlin would be complete without indulging in the quintessentially German Currywurst, combined of course with a cold refreshing Augustiner Helles or Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbeer. The delicious traditional dish of sausage and French fries covered with tomato sauce and curry powder has its origins in the interwar period, and Germany’s historic beer scene, which can be traced back to the mid-19th century, is viewed by many as second to none. Whether you’ve tried these delicacies before or know nothing about them, this private tour will introduce you to the staple elements of German food culture. You and your private guide will work explore the relationship between food, drink, culture and history with a wander through centrally located Alexanderplatz's backstreets and hidden haunts. You will cover topics such as: how Germany was once the capital of Europe for beer before WWI with over 300 breweries; how that trend changed due to war and occupation; and how we once again see a resurgence in the capital with the rise of many microbreweries. A fine way to experience the Berlin's diverse history and culinary scene – prost!
Please Note: The tour can be made suitable for vegetarians suitable, vegans, people with lactose or gluten intolerance, or those with nut allergies. Please let us know your requirements when booking.
Choose between 12:00pm, 2:00pm or 6:00pm.
Enjoy this private Berlin tour with min 4 in a group!
- 5-6 tastings & beer samples (makes up a full meal. Non-alcoholic option available).
- Learn about Berlin’s exciting history through food and drink.
- Try the best wurst in Berlin and learn about its historical origins.
- Expert food and drink recommendations from your own private guide for the the rest of your stay.
- Spontaneous, adaptable experience: work with your guide to suit your needs and interests.
- Suitable for families: itinerary can be personalised to suit children and non-drinkers' needs.
A choice between your hotel (if centrally located) or a recommended meeting point.