Enjoy a peaceful picnic break while observing the mountains that inspired the James Cameron movie “Avatar”
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, also known as Wulingyuan Scenic Area, is an outstanding natural attraction not to be missed in China. Visit the most beautiful areas in the park including Tianzi Mountain and Yuanjiajie Scenic Area, and enjoy a unique experience with a picnic break organized by our experienced guides.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Zhangjiajie city and be transferred to Wulingyuan Scenic Area, also called Zhangjiajie National Forest Park for approximately 40 minutes. The Zhangjiajie National Forest Park is divided into different areas, being Yuanjiajie the most famous one for its outstanding karst landscape, and Tianzi Mountain, the most popular one for its clouds and mists.
First you will take the cable car to Tianzi Mountain, or in Chinese Tianzishan. The cable car is the best option to obtain panoramic views of the Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Once in the mountain, you will walk along the mountain paths while your guide explains the formation and best view point of the the large mountain peaks from different angles.
Then you will take the shuttle bus to Yuanjiajie Scenic Area, the most visited area of Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Here your guide will find a good location with nice views to enjoy a Chinese picnic break, including some snacks, fruits and beverages. Here you will visit some of the main highlights like the “First Bridge under Heaven”, that you can cross and walk around a circle path to get some fantastic views to the valley. Other famous spot here is what is commonly known as the Avatar's "Hallelujah Mountain", famous for being the inspiration for the Hollywood movie Avatar. In this area, you will enjoy a late lunch to complete the picnic break.
Then you will start descending the mountain with the guide, taking first theHundred Dragon Elevator, in Chinese Bailong Elevator, which is an attraction itself. It was built along the side of a cliff and it is the highest of its kind in the world. Then the shuttle bus will take you to the entrance at around 4:00 pm where the driver will be waiting to drop you off at your hotel in Zhangjiajie city centre.
- Put your head in the clouds while ascending the cable car to the mystical and misty Tianzi Mountain in the Wulingyuan Scenic Area
- Admire the spectacular pillared landscapes of Yuanjiajie Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- Enjoy a peaceful picnic break while observing the mountains that inspired the James Cameron movie “Avatar”
Tour Starts at 09:00am, Ends at 05:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park entrance ticket
- Tianzi Mountain Cable Car
- Yuanjiajie Scenic Area Shuttle bus
- Bailong Elevator ticket
- Picnic break snacks and beverages
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Accommodation not included
- Accommodation must be located at Zhangjiajie City Centre
- Dress in comfortable shoes for this tour
- Full Name, Passport No, Date of Birth are needed, because the local policy of requiring purchasing insurance for travellers participating in this tour.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
- Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Zhangjiajie City Centre
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of Hotel
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport No.
- Date of Birth
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.