Food and history pair perfectly in this Xi'an tour that not only have you eating your way through the best street food stalls for breakfast, but also exploring the ancient wall that encircles the old city, one of the oldest and best-preserved city walls in China.
You’ll start with a visit to City Wall Park where in the morning, locals dance, practice tai chi, and even sing Qin opera (the traditional opera in Shaanxi Province). Feel free to join in if you’re feeling inspired (Or just watch). Centre your thoughts and learn more about the history and culture of Buddhism at Crouching Dragon Temple, or Wolong Temple, the oldest Buddhist temple in Shaanxi Province.
You’ll follow your morning of exploring with a culinary adventure through one of the biggest morning markets along the city wall. Watch food being prepared before your eyes from some of the best stalls in the market, stalls that locals swear by. The first meal of the day is a big deal in Xi’an and you’ll get to experience it like a local, snacking on five specialities as you eat your way through the market.
Belly full, you’ll be ready to check out the old city wall. You’ll start at the east gate, and once atop the wall, there will be great photo ops of the city below. Walking the wall’s perimeter is the best way to experience it, or if two wheels are the preference you can rent a bike. The 12-metre high wall is sometimes referred to as China’s other Great Wall and was erected in the 14th century during the Ming Dynasty. The whole way, whether you’re stuffing your face with local delicacies or admiring the ancient wall, we promise you’ll be learning about the culture and history of Xi’an, all while having a blast.
- Explore Xi'an's extensive city wall
- Visit the 1,800-year-old Crouching Dragon Temple
- Explore a busy morning food market
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
Duration: 3.5 Hours
What You Get
- 5 traditional snacks
- City Wall entrance fees
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide.
- What to wear: Comfortable clothes and shoes for walking.
- Infants from 0-5 years can travel for free.
- Child aged 6-11 years pay the child rate
- Some of the snacks on this tour (the Kudai noodles and dumplings) are vegetarian or can be ordered as vegetarian. Also, the Roujiamo and beef pancake can be changed to alternate vegetarian options such as Bingjiacai and Zenggao.
- Meeting Point: The travellers would be picked up from the lobby of the Bell Tower hotel, No. 110 on South Street, Xi’an.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.