A trip to Xi'an is not complete if you never visit the Terracotta warriors. Join this tour to take a look at the amazing sights of the Terracotta Army in Xi'an.
Terracotta Warriors are one of the world’s greatest archaeological finds. These sculptures of soldiers, chariots and horses were funerary statues made to accompany China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, to the afterlife. Your tour today will take you to visit this Terra cotta army museum
On the way to the Terracotta Warriors Museum, we will first make a short visit to the Terra-cotta Figures Factory which focuses on the reproduction of the Terracotta Soldiers.
Next head to visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses, which are one of the most significant archeological excavations of the 20th century. They were discovered by local farmers in 1974 and now it is one of the most visited museums in the world.
Life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged in battle formations are the star features at the museum. They are replicas of what Qin Shi Huang’s imperial army would look like at that time, 210-209 BC. The army was built in order to protect the emperor in the afterlife. Today, there are still miles of land with unexcavated treasures.
Different pits have different figures – ranging from military personnel to musicians, acrobats, and strongmen. In the main and most impressive vault of the museum, you will see figures arranged in typical battle formation in 11 columns comprising officers, soldiers holding spears and swords, and others steering horse-drawn chariots, as if ready for one last battle. Don’t hesitate to explore the museum exhibits displaying artifacts and a film on the fascinating history of the mausoleum.
After enjoying a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch, we will drive by Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum without stopping in order to see it from the distance. Then transfer back to your hotel in Xian city centre
Hotel Pick Up between 7:00 am to 8:30 am
What You Get
Xi'an Terracotta Warriors Day Tour
Person: Ages 2 and above
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- One bottle of mineral water
- Personal Expenses
- Items not included above
- Tour starts: 7:00 am to 8:30 am
- Tour ends at 3:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Xian city centre (within the second ring road)
- If you are not staying within the second ring road, the operator will let you know the nearest designated pick-up point.
- Please be at the hotel lobby/designated pick-up point 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
- The hotel pick-up time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6:00 pm) by a phone call. If you didn't get any information about the hotel pick-up time after 10:00 pm the day before the tour, please call the emergency number and they will inform you.
- Please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Changi Recommends Booking No.
- Name as per passport
- Hotel Name
How to Use
· Kindly present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- Please e-mail any amendments to email@example.com at least 7 days before the tour date.