Terracotta Warriors are one of the world’s greatest archaeological finds. These sculptures of soldiers, chariots and horses were funerary statues made to accompany China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, to the afterlife. Your tour today will take you to visit this Terracotta army museum and the Ancient City Wall at Xian
On the way to the Terracotta Warriors Museum, we will first make a short visit to the Terra-cotta Figures Factory which focuses on the reproduction of the Terracotta Soldiers.
Next head to visit the Terracotta Warriors and Horses, which are one of the most significant archeological excavations of the 20th century. They were discovered by local farmers in 1974 and now it is one of the most visited museums in the world.
Life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged in battle formations are the star features at the museum. They are replicas of what Qin Shi Huang’s imperial army would look like at that time, 210-209 BC. The army was built in order to protect the emperor in the afterlife. Today, there are still miles of land with unexcavated treasures.
Different pits have different figures – ranging from military personnel to musicians, acrobats, and strongmen. In the main and most impressive vault of the museum, you will see figures arranged in typical battle formation in 11 columns comprising officers, soldiers holding spears and swords, and others steering horse-drawn chariots, as if ready for one last battle. Don’t hesitate to explore the museum exhibits displaying artifacts and a film on the fascinating history of the mausoleum.
After enjoying a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch we will drive back to downtown Xi'an to visit the City Wall. It is the most complete city wall that has survived in China and one of the largest and most complete ancient military systems of defense in the world. Then transfer back to your hotel in Xian city centre
Tour starts: 07:00 am to 08:30 am, ends at 05:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- One bottle of mineral water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 07:00am and 08:30am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 07:00 am to 08:30 am, ends at 05:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Xi'an City Centre (within the second ring road)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verification
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.