Go off the beaten track with us and visit a local food market to gather ingredients before stopping at the home of a local family for a very special cooking lesson.
Your local guide will pick you up and we'll make our way over to the ever-popular morning food market to buy the freshest local ingredients needed for our cooking lesson. Food markets can be a daunting place when you don’t speak the language or even recognise some of the food on offer, but we've got an expert guide to lead the way and introduce you to some of the delicious staples of Chinese cooking.
We will then drive to the home of a very friendly local family that will show you how to cook a traditional Chinese lunch. The menu will consist of two classic Chinese dishes of your choice (you’ll have six options to choose from, including kung pao chicken, sweet and sour pork and Mapo doufu). Our session will also include a lesson in dumpling wrapping and noodle making, which will come in very handy when showing off your new chef skills to friends back home.
After helping your hosts with the meal and learning some of the basics of Chinese cooking, we’ll sit down and eat together. This is a great opportunity to talk to local people about everyday life in Xi’an. After our very special lunch, we will bid farewell to our new friends and head over to one of China’s most famous and important archaeological sites, the awe-inspiring Terracotta Warriors.
Built over 2,000 years ago to guard the first Chinese emperor in the afterlife, the 8,000 soldiers and horses have been painstakingly sculpted and, remarkably, it is said that no two soldiers’ faces are the same. Your guide will introduce you to the story behind the Warriors and their place in the story of the Qin dynasty.
We’ll also make a stop at the museum, which offers some fascinating examples of what the Warriors would have looked like when they were first completed all those centuries ago. After a memorable day of getting to know the real China, we will drop you off back in Xi’an. Don’t forget to ask your guide for advice on where to go next and what else there is to do during your time in Xi’an.
- Visit the morning food market
- Discover a vast array of exciting Chinese ingredients
- Experience how to cook traditional Chinese food
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
What You Get
- Lunch and mineral water
- Local English-speaking guide
- Terracotta Warriors Museum entrance fee
- Private transportation
- Additional food and drinks
- Transportation to and from the meeting or endpoint
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide and driver
- What to wear: Comfortable clothes and shoes for walking.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Child aged 6-11 years pay the child rate
- In order to book your ticket to the Terracotta Warriors Museum, we will need your full name as it appears on your passport, as well as your passport number.
- You will also be required to bring your passport with you on the tour.
- Meeting Point: Travellers would be picked up from the lobby of the Bell Tower Hotel, No. 110 on South Street, Xi’an.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details of "ALL TRAVELLERS" to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport No.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.