Explore one of China's most famous archaeological sites with a local by your side.
Once your local guide and driver have picked you up from the meeting point, we’ll begin the one-hour drive to the Terracotta Warriors museum. During the journey, your guide will introduce the history, culture and traditions of Xi’an as well as the origin of the Terracotta Warriors. You will also be taught a few Chinese words, with your guide helping with pronunciation, so you can practice your skills throughout the day.
Upon arrival at the museum, you will see the 8,000 full-sized Terracotta Warriors, contained in three burial pits. The museum building has been built on the original excavation site, so you’re seeing them just as they were found! A large number of real bronze weapons are also preserved, some of which were chrome-plated by ancient Chinese engineers and have remained rust-free after more than 2,000 years.
We’ll spend about two hours at this world-famous museum, then drive to visit the First Chinese Emperor's Mausoleum. The Terracotta Warriors were buried for this emperor, to guard him in the afterlife. It’s said that it took 700,000 people about 40 years to build the mausoleum. To preserve his body, the ancient Chinese poured mercury into his underground palace, which is about 60 metres under the mausoleum.
From here, we will drive to a tasty local restaurant for lunch. This spot is very popular and we’ll order several of their authentic local specialities so you can get a literal taste for Xi’an. We’ll get a mix of meat and veggie dishes, so don’t worry if you’re a vegetarian, there will be plenty of food for everyone.
After lunch, we’ll have an hour-long drive back to Xi’an to visit the 600-year-old City Wall. At some 13 kilometres long and 18 metres tall, it is the best preserved and longest city wall in China. We will walk along the wall for a bird’s eye view of this ancient capital city. From here we’ll head back to the starting point to end our tour, but before you say goodbye, be sure to ask your local guide for tips on other things to see and do in Xi’an.
- Discover the iconic Terracotta Warriors
- Explore the First Chinese Emperor's Mausoleum
- Enjoy spectacular views of Xi'an
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Mineral water and lunch
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Terracotta Warriors
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide.
- What to wear: Comfortable shoes for walking.
- Infants from 0-5 years can travel for free.
- Child aged 6-11 years pay the child rate
- In order to book your ticket to the Terracotta Warriors Museum, we will need your full name as it appears on your passport, as well as your passport number.
- You will also be required to bring your passport with you on the tour.
- This tour can accommodate vegetarians. We will order enough vegetable dishes along with some meat dishes so that there will plenty for everyone to share.
- Meeting Point: The travellers would be picked up from the lobby of Bell Tower Hotel, no. 110 South Street.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details of "ALL TRAVELLERS" to email@example.com:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport No.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.