Explore cultural Shanghai treasures like Yuyuan Gardens and the old bazaar, and check out future urban design plans for this mega-metropolis
Today’s city tour will take you through some of Shanghai’s most famous cultural sights including the Shanghai museum, the Bund, the Yu Garden, a cruise down the Huangpu river, and the opportunity to taste some traditional temple snacks. The tour will conclude with a walk along the Bund.
After meeting your guide in your hotel lobby in Shanghai city centre, you will start your exciting full-day tour around the city.
The first stop is the Yu Garden, the city’s most famous example of the traditional gardens as historically kept by wealthy families in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. After exploring the Yu Garden, you will spend some time wandering through the markets and bazaars of Shanghai’s Old Town. This is the perfect opportunity to get souvenir shopping done while soaking up the atmosphere of old Shanghai.
The next stop is the Shanghai Museum, which was opened since 1994. This relatively new Shanghai Museum houses a spectacular collection of Chinese relics. This museum is the perfect way to reflect on Shanghai’s history, and to give you more background information on the city.
We will then take you to have a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch in the Chenghuangmiao temple area, where you can taste all kinds of unique snacks. Your guide will help with explanations on what everything is so you can make the most of trying different types of food.
Then we will bring you to board your Huangpu River Cruise. The cruise offers an extraordinary view of the Bund and its promenade, which are landmarks of Shanghai’s 9th century struggle to reclaim a waterfront from the blogs of this river, which originates in nearby Tai Lake.
Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to walk along the wide boulevard of the Bund, lined with impressive neo-classical buildings, dating back to Shanghai’s grandest days.
After this, you will be taken back to your hotel.
- Explore cultural Shanghai treasures like Yuyuan Gardens and the old bazaar, and check out future urban design plans for this mega-metropolis
- Obtain the best views of the neoclassical Bund and the ultramodern Pudong river shores from the Huangpu cruise’s deck
- See the western architectural influence of the Bund while you stroll along its wide boulevard
Tour Starts at 08:30am, Ends at 05:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Huangpu River cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Own expenses
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Shanghai City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Please note that there may be a wait as there are several cruises per day, and the exact departing time will be notified when your guide collects the pre-reserved tickets at the Port. During holidays and typhoon season, the next available cruise can be held up to 90 minutes after arrival.
- Please note that the seats at the cruises are limited and usually taken by the first customers that access the cruise
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.