This tour will take you to visit the UNESCO Heritage Site of the Stone Forest and the local Flower and Bird Market.
Kunming, the capital city Yunnan province it is also know as the Spring city due to its mild weather. Kunming has a very rich history and moderate temperature all year around. This tour will take you to visit the UNESCO Heritage Site of the Stone Forest and the local Flower and Bird Market.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Kunming city centre to start this tour.
First you will drive to the Kunming’s Stone Forest, also called Shilin, about 120 kilometers (or 75 miles) from Kunming. The ride will take approximately three hours. The forest covers an area of 400 square kilometers (or 96,000 acres), and is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site that encompasses southern China. These Karst formations seem like an endless ‘forest’ of towers made out of stone, spires, and oddly shaped monoliths.
You’ll have lunch on your own, but with your assistant’s guidance. Because Kunming is high in humidity and has mild temperatures, there are plenty of fruits and vegetables all year round for local cuisine. There are plenty of snack options on the high streets and back lanes.
On your way back to the city you will have a chance to visit the Flower and Bird Market, which, along with the old houses preserved nearby, is under the city’s protection plan as the Old Town Quarter. Beside flowers and birds, the market offers traditional Chinese art, wooden sculptures, intricate Chinese knots, and more.
After this activity, you will be transferred to your hotel in Kunming city centre
Tour starts at 09:00am, ends at 04:00pm
What You Get
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Food and drinks
- Entrance ticket (your guide will take you to buy it)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Kunming City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.