Visit the famous Longji Rice Terraces, some of the most amazing terraces in China; and meet some of the minorities in the area.
Your driver will then drive you to Longsheng County, two-three hours northwest of Guilin. From here, your tour will begin with a visit to the Zhuang and Yao ethnic minority villages, only two of the hundreds of ethnic minorities in China.Your guide will provide insight about the culture and traditions of the Zhuang and Yao, and you will have the opportunity to see their unique and colorful clothing, listen to their melodious folk music, watch the playful dances; and observe the women weaving and embroidering. After that, we will bring you to enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch before traveling to the next destination.
Next you will head to the Longji rice terrace fields, where you will climb up to the summit, at an elevation of 2,886 feet ( 880 meters). A half-hour hike up offers an amazing panoramic vista of this incredible feat of farm engineering. The ethnic minorities fled to these mountains during the Yuan dynasty, when they were hunted by the government at the time. They were mainly an agricultural society, and so created the rice terraces so they could continue farming on the side of the mountains.
From the peak, the terraced rice fields resemble the backbone of a dragon twisting and turning into the distance. The terraces divide the mountain into multiple layers. Tiers of water glisten in the sun during the spring, lush green rice shoots appear in the summer, layers of golden rice flourish in the fall, and layers of snow cover the terraces in the winter.
When the tour finishes, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Guilin city centre.
Tour starts: 7:00 am to 9:00 am, ends at 5:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch (food only)
- NO SHOPPING STOPS
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cable car fee to the village
How To Use
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 07:00 am and 09:00 am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 07:00 am to 09:00am, ends at 05:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Guilin City Centre.
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to email@example.com for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.