Experience the beautiful Guilin sunrise on the Li River without the hoards of tourists and cruise boats.
Experience the beautiful Guilin sunrise on the Li River without the hoards of tourists and cruise boats. After the sunrise you will have the rare opportunity to see some of the last remaining cormorant fishermen in the world.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Guilin city centre at 3:30 am in summer or 4:00 am in winter, and drive for around 2.5 hours to Yangshuo.
Once in Yangshuo you will board a bamboo raft, which was the common form of boat used by the local fishermen. The boat will cruise upstream of the river from Xingping to Yangdi, to a spot where it is the best place to watch the sunrise over Guilin area. On this boat you can enjoy the beautiful panoramic scenery surrounding the river with the famous Guilin sights of green limestone karst hills jutting up into the sky.
On the bank of Li River you will see the local cormorant fishermen performing their unique fishing style with trained birds. These Chinese fishermen are some of the few remaining practitioners of this way of fishing. You will see how using little more than a simple homespun raft and a gas lamp to light their way, these cormorant birds are trained to grab the catch of the day.
After the sunrise, you will cruise down the river and see the reflected and inverted images of fantastic peaks with various shapes, crystal clear water, green hills, and bamboo groves. You may see water buffaloes patrolling the fields, ducks paddling in the waters and peasants reaping their paddies in front of their village houses.
Continuing the tour in Xingping, you will be driven back to Guilin to taste the local delicacy: The Guilin rice noodles. When you finish your breakfast, you will be dropped off at your hotel in Guilin City Centre.
Tour starts at 03:30am, ends at 09:00am
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Li River cruise
- Guilin rice noodles breakfast
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Guilin City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
- Passport Details of all travellers are required by the operator for the purchase of Li River Cruise Tickets
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of Hotel
- Passport Details of all Travellers
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.