This half-day tour will bring you to visit the symbol of the city, the Guangzhou TV tower, and the Chen Clan’s Academy, a former educational complex to prepare students for the Qing Dynasty examinations.
Guangzhou is one of the most important cities in China due to its economic development after the 1978 Chinese reform. This half-day tour will bring you to visit the symbol of the city, the Guangzhou TV tower, and the Chen Clan’s Academy, a former educational complex to prepare students for the Qing Dynasty examinations.
The guide will meet you at your hotel lobby in Guangzhou city centre. The first stop of the tour will be the Guangzhou TV and sightseeing tower, also known as Canton Tower. The tower is maybe the most recognised icon of the city and one of the tallest structures in the world. From the tower, you can enjoy incredible views that you won’t be able to get elsewhere of Guangzhou and surrounding areas.
After this attraction, we will take you to visit Chen Clan’s Academy, also known as the Guangdong Provincial Museum of Folk Art. It is located in the west part of Guangzhou’s old town and it is considered to be the most interesting museum for arts and traditions in the city.
The academy was established in 1894 in Qing Dynasty, as a place for students to prepare for their imperial examinations. The students were required to take these exams in order to join the civil service in the Qing Dynasty. The Chen Clan Academy consists of 19 buildings in total, with nine halls and six courtyards. The complex forms around a north-south axis, a traditional pattern throughout China. Inside you can see beautiful southern art pieces such as wood carvings and pottery, helping you to imagine how people used to lived in the ancient times.
After that Academy visit, we will bring you back to your hotel in downtown Guangzhou.
Tour starts at 08:30am, ends at 12:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Guangzhou City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.