Explore some of Datong’s cultural relics including the Buddhist Yungang Grottoes and the millenary Yingxian Wooden Pagoda also called Pagoda of Fogong Temple.
Explore some of Datong’s cultural relics including the Buddhist Yungang Grottoes and the millenary Yingxian Wooden Pagoda also called Pagoda of Fogong Temple. During this tour you will also sample some traditional delicacies of the province in special forms made with flour.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Datong city centre and be transferred to Ying Xian County to visit the famous wooden pagoda, also called Pagoda of Fogong Temple.
The Yingxian Wooden Pagoda was built in 1056 and it’s the oldest wooden building in the world. Your guide will show how not a single nail was used in the construction of this nine-story and 67 meters high structure; something amazing when taking into account that it has survived seven major earthquakes.
Next you will enjoy a traditional local lunch, with ingredients from this Chinese province called Shanxi. Flour is the main material in this area, used to cooked more than a hundred types of dishes, from noodles to beautiful pasta designs known as “flour sculptures”. During your lunch you will enjoy the famous sliced noodles, corn oil cakes and honeycomb noodles.
After lunch, you will head to the famous Yungang Grottoes, listed as a World Heritage Site in 2001 and considered one of China's largest ancient grottoes. In the area remains 53 grottoes and 45 major caves, with around 51,000 stone statues.
After the tour finishes, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Datong city centre
Tour starts at 08:30am, ends at 03:30pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Datong City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.