Explore one of the largest and most fascinating cities in China, Chongqing.
Explore one of the largest and most fascinating cities in China, Chongqing. Visit its main tourist sites such as the People’s Auditorium and the Hongya Dong, and walk around the streets of Ciqikou Old Town.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Chongqing city centre to start this tour.
First you will visit Ciqikou Old Town to capture a bit of old Chongqing. During the Ming and Qing dynasties, it was famous for its production of porcelain. Today you can visit the tea bars, artists’ studios, and embroidery workshops to examine some of the local arts and crafts of the region. You’ll also be introduced to the unique folk opera.
Then you will visit Chongqing People’s Auditorium; built between 1951 and 1954. It is not only one of the major landmarks of Chongqing, but features an axially symmetric layout consisting of four buildings: the main auditorium, the east wing, south wing, and north wing. In total, it covers 25,000 square meters, and demonstrates the incredible contrasts between different styles of traditional Chinese palace architecture.
Finally, you will visit Hongya Dong, where you’ll be able to see some of the sculptures in the traditional Bayu architectural style, and do some shopping as well. This is the perfect place to get souvenirs for yourself or friends and family from home.
Here you will have some free time to walk around before being transferred back to your hotel or anyplace you want to go in Chongqing city center.
Tour starts at 08:30am, ends at 12:30pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Chongqing City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.