Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan Province, the natural habitat of the famous giant pandas. This tour allows to visit this China beloved animal along with the 1,300-years-old Leshan Giant Buddha, a world heritage site by UNESCO
You will start the tour visiting the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. The center has two types of 'accommodations' for giant pandas - the Captive Cages and the Semi-Natural Enclosures. Most of the giant pandas in the center stay individually in the captive cages, which are in fact large enclosures, each consisting of an indoor room and an outdoor courtyard. The semi-nature enclosures are very large wild areas but protected by border fences. Pandas in these areas will soon be released back into the wild, and these enclosures help them adapt to this natural environment.
After this visit, you will drive to Leshan, where upon arrival you can lunch on your own expense. Then, you will visit the Leshan Giant Buddha by walking. The Grand Buddha is a 71 meter (230 feet) high sculpture carved into one of the large cliffs by the river. In addition to the Grand Buddha, there are also numerous smaller carvings of various Buddhas on the Grand Buddha Cliff Road. Other than carvings, there are also various temples and shrines scattered about, the beautiful Haoshang bridge, and some wonderful small waterfalls.
Then drive back to Chengdu City, where the bus will drop you at Tianfu Square. You need go back to your hotel by yourself.
Tour starts: 07:00 am to 08:00 am, ends at 05:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- NO SHOPPING STOPS
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Buddha sightseeing Boat ticket
- Food or drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 07:00am and 08:00am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 07:00 am to 08:00 am, ends at 05:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Chengdu City Centre (within the third ring road)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport No
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.