Beijing is now home to the largest glass sightseeing platform, a different kind of tourist site.
Beijing is now home to the largest glass sightseeing platform, a different kind of tourist site. The platform looks out over Shilinxia Scenic Area, the “the Gorge of the Stone Forest.”, located 100 kilometers east from Beijing city.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Beijing city centre to start this tour. He/she will take you out of the city to the Shilinxia Scenic Area, a unique stone rock formation along the 6km long valley or gorge.
Shilinxia literally translates as ‘stone forest gorge,’ in relation to the formations.
The gorge itself is located in Diaowo Village, in Pinggu District, about 100 kilometers east of Beijing city, making the perfect escape from the city, and a great destination for anyone who has been to see Beijing’s must-see sites already. We especially recommend this tour for second-time visitors.
You’ll be able to visit the glass platform, also dubbed as Beijing’s “flying saucer”, a circle of glass and metal jutting out over a 1,300-foot drop. At 107 feet, the flying saucer is 50 percent longer than the Grand Canyon Skywalk. To make it both light and safe, the materials used to construct this are the same as aircrafts. The view is incredible and makes for a once in a lifetime experience.
Food is not included, so we suggest you to buy some snacks before the excursion. You can find a nice place in the park to enjoy the food. If you prefer to eat in the area, your guide will help you to find a place where to buy some food.
After the visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Beijing down town.
- See unique rock formations at Shilinxia Scenic Park, near bustling Beijing city
- Marvel at awe-inspiring views from the glass observation platform, built with space-age titanium alloys
- Enjoy a private transportation with a professional local driver
Tour starts at 08:00am, ends at 04:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Beijing City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
- Note: Please note that the platform may be unexpectedly closed during some hours due to weather conditions. If this happens during your visit and you are unable to walk on the platform, a refund equivalent to the attraction ticket price.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.