Enjoy the Peking Opera show at one of Beijing's best theaters. Follow the plot with the help of the English subtitles. Visit the performers' make-up room and see their make-up process.
Beijing Opera is the most celebrated of China's 300-400 different opera styles. Storylines reference many aspects of Chinese culture and performance consists of beautiful painted sets, exquisite costumes, graceful gestures, martial arts and of course opera singing. The Liyuan Theatre presents traditional opera excerpts designed in short programs, yet maintaining the essence of the original works.
Peking Opera is a form of Chinese opera originally from the 18th century which combines music, vocal performance, mime, dance and acrobatics. It arose in the late 18th century and started to be known in the West thanks to the awarded 1993 movie "Farewell My Concubine". The performers have elaborate and colorful costumes, and use the skills of speech, song, dance and combat in movements that are symbolic and suggestive, rather than realistic.
The Liyuan Theater has performed traditional Peking Opera since 1990 and it’s one of the leading opera venues in China. Located inside a hotel in Beijing, this theatre offers this wonderful 70 minutes performance whose plot can be followed with the help of English subtitles on lateral screens. The opera starts at 19:30 and finishes at 20:40 every day. If you arrive early, you will have the chance to see the performers getting their make up ready in the dressing room.
Show starts: 07:30 pm, ends at 08:40 pm
What You Get
- Normal seat tickets to the show
- Show starts: 07:30 pm, ends at 08:40 pm
- Ticket Only Option: Please arrive at least 20 minutes before the show starting time. Please show your name to the ticket office to get your entrance tickets.
- Shared Group Transfer driver will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 06:00pm and 06:30pm depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. (Please be at the hotel lobby during this period.)
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the third ring road)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your driver at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, where you will be notified before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.