Enjoy a transfer via Minibus to Mutianyu, a less crowded section of the Great Wall
Skip the shuttle bus from the parking to the Mutianyu Great Wall base
Explore the Wall with an English-speaking guide and the entrance ticket is included
At 8:00 am you will be driven to the Mutianyu Great Wall. On the way to the Wall, the tour guide will give a short introduction about the Great Wall's history as well as interesting facts about its construction.
You will arrive to Mutianyu Great Wall between 9:30 am and 10:00 am depending on traffic conditions. First you will have a 30 minutes stop at a Jade Carving Factory Shop. There you will learn about traditional Chinese culture and be able to make gift purchases for your relatives and friends back home.
After the shop, you will visit the Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from China’s east coast to China’s west desert. This section of the Wall called Mutianyu is known for its beautiful surroundings like dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of the year. At Mutianyu, you can hike up the side of mountain to the wall or take a cable car (at your own expense). Then you can walk over the wall, passing several watch towers for different views.
Lunch is not included, so we suggest you to prepare a sandwich in advance to enjoy them together with the magnificent views of the Great Wall. On the way down, you can either walk, or take the cable car or toboggan (at your own expense). Your group will depart from Mutianyu at 2:00 pm so please make sure to be back at the bus on time.
You will be dropped back off to your hotel in Beijing city centre around 5:00 pm, depending on traffic conditions.
Tour starts: 07:00 am to 08:00 am, ends at 05:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Professional and friendly English speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to Mutianyu Great Wall
- Shopping stops: Jade Craving Factory (Purchasing at shopping stops are not required)
- Food and drinks
- Cable car ticket to Mutianyu Great Wall
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 07:00am and 08:00am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 07:00 am to 08:00 am, ends at 05:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the third ring road in the north, east and west; and inside the second ring road in the south)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
- The price of the optional Cable Car to be paid in cash is 100 RMB one-way and 120 RMB round-trip
- The bus will leave Mutianyu at 02:00pm.
- Please note that this tour is not for travellers holding passport of China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
- Note: Purchasing at shopping stops are not required
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.