Enjoy an exceptional full-day tour to the Great Wall of China with a picnic break on an ancient tower.
Enjoy an exceptional full-day tour to the Great Wall of China with a picnic break on an ancient tower. Follow your guide up the Mutianyu section while hearing insightful commentary about this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sample tasty picnic lunch and sparkling wine while gazing at the views. After climbing back down, get dropped off at your hotel or the amazing 798 Art Zone.
Your day starts with hotel pickup in Beijing city centre followed by a drive of approximately 1-hour to reach the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. This UNESCO World Heritage architectural wonder was constructed more then 2,500 years ago to protect the Chinese from fierce northern tribes.
On a nearly-empty part of the wall, take an easy walk with frequent stops for photo opportunities and rest along the way. All along the Great Wall, imposing stone watchtowers stand tall above the landscape. Sit down for a picnic break inside one of these well-preserved watchtowers — an exclusive experience that’s only available with this tour. Sip on chilled sparkling wine paired with your picnic lunch as you enjoy views over the countryside. (See sample menu under Itinerary below.)
Your guide will share the history of this masterpiece and describe how the Great Wall outposts controlled the borders and regulated traffic during the time of the Silk Road. When you have finished your great wall trip, your guide will return you to your Beijing hotel where your tour ends OR you have the choice to get dropped off at the 798 Art Zone.
The 798 Art Zone, located in northwest Beijing is an enormous 1950s factory that has been transformed into an arts center, with galleries, studios, museums, boutiques, cafés and bars. Take a look around on your own expense and enjoy a drink or dinner at a local restaurant before making your own way back to your hotel.
- Walk off-the-beaten track at the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall and learn fascinating insights with your professional guide
- Sip on chilled sparkling wine paired with your tasty sandwich when you enjoy views over the Chinese rural countryside
- Free Option: Be dropped-off in the Art District 798 to explore art museums, galleries and boutique shops on your own
Tour starts at 08:00am, ends at 03:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Optional drop-off at 798 Art District
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Picnic and drinks on the Wall (subject to changes based on availability)
- Chilled sparking wine
- Country Chicken Wrap/Smoked trout&cream cheese on date bread/Sesame seeds cake & ham with mustard
- Chips and fresh salsa
- Belgian Chocolate brownie
- Orange Juice
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cable car of Mutianyu great wall
- Additional Food or Drinks
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Beijing City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road condition
- There is a vegetarin choice, please indicate in the email to us, otherwise it will automatically be the menu as per inclusion
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.