Spend an unforgettable day at China's must-see destination: The Great Wall of China, and explore a less-frequented section of the Wall at Mutianyu.
You will drive to Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world stretching from China’s east coast to China’s west desert, and used as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs. You will arrive at around 9:30 am to the section called Mutianyu, 75 km away from Beijing. This section was built around 1368, and it is known for its beautiful surroundings like dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year.
Please note that this is not a guided tour. The guide is there to arrange hotel pick-us and drop-off, buy cable car tickets if you need them, and set a time for lunch. The guide's English is limited but enough to help you enjoy a great day while you hike the Great Wall on your own.
You can hike up the side of the mountain to the wall or take a cable car (own expense to be paid in cash to the guide before arrival). Then you can walk over the wall passing several watch towers for different views. A round trip hike is about 6 km and takes about 3 hours. On the way down, you can either walk, or take the cable car or toboggan (own expense to be paid in cash to the guide before arrival).
Once the hiking tour is finish around 1:30 pm, you will enjoy a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch and then be transferred back to your downtown hotel in Beijing. In cases of heavy traffic, when returning from the Wall, you can choose to be dropped at a subway station on the way or wait to be dropped off at your hotel.
Tour starts: 06:00 am to 07:30 am, ends at 06:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Helpful guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- NO SHOPPING STOPS
- Fee of cable car to the Mutianyu Great wall
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (Optional)
- A guide (with limited english) will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 06:00am and 07:30am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 06:00 am to 07:30 am, ends at 06:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the third ring road in the north, east and west; inside the second ring road in the south)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
- This is not a guided tour. The guide is there to arrange hotel pick-up and drop-off, buy cable car tickets and set a time for lunch. The guide's english is limited but enought to help you enjoy a great day.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.