Escape the crowds by visiting the Mutianyu Great Wall section as it is more isolated than the Badaling section. It’s a challenging hike from the valley floor to the top rampart but the reward is a spectacular view of the wall snaking for miles over mountainous terrain. This tours will also give you the opportunity to visit the Changling Tomb, the biggest tomb in the 13 Ming Tombs.
The first stop of the tour is the Ming Tombs, the well-preserved Chinese imperial tombs with 500 years’ of history behind it. We will visit Changling Tomb, which is the tomb for the 3rd Emperor of Ming Dynasty. Emperor Yong Le also made the biggest contribution to the formation of the old Beijing City.
After exploring the Ming Tombs, you will have the opportunity to visit a Jade Carving Factory for 45 minutes. Jade carving is a very popular product in China, not only for the excellent skills artists need to do the carvings, but also because of the cultural background behind. A traditional Chinese cuisine lunch will follow the visit.
The next activity is the Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from China’s east coast to China’s west desert. This section of the Wall called Mutianyu is known for its beautiful surroundings like dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year. At Mutianyu, you can hike up the side of mountain to the wall or take a cable car (at your own expense). Then you can walk over the wall passing several watch towers for different views. On the way down, you can either walk, or take the cable car or toboggan (at your own expense).
After this 2 hour visit, you will return to Beijing downtown, where you will have the chance to learn about Chinese traditional tea ceremonies at a Tea Shop. Finishing the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel around 6:00 pm, depending on the hotel drop-off order.
Tour starts: 06:30 am to 07:30 am, ends at 04:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Fee of cable car to the Mutianyu Great wall
- Shuttle bus fee at the Mutianyu Great wall
- Tips to the guide and driver
- Personal expenses
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 06:30am and 07:30am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 06:30 am to 07:30 am, ends at 04:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the third ring road)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to email@example.com for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.