The Great Wall is a breathtaking sight and an awesome experience. This tour brings you to Jinshangling Great Wall section, where you can enjoy a challenging hike from the valley floor to the top rampart. You will be rewarded by a spectacular view of the Wall snaking for miles over mountainous terrain.
You will arrive to the Great Wall at around 10:00 am to start your hike of the east section of Jinshanling Great Wall. This section of the Wall was first built during the Ming Dynasty by the famous general, Xu Da. Later, Qi Jiguang led a number of defense works while guarding the north area in 1567.
The hike is about 6 km and takes about 3 hours. This section is relatively less crowded than the other famous sections of Badaling and Mutianyu, and it offers unique features and looks.
After enjoying a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch in a local restaurant, return to downtown and drop-off at the following 3 places:
1. Subway station of Dongzhimen
2. North openning of Wangfujing walking street
3. Macdonald restaurant of Qianmen
Tour starts at 5:30 am, ends at 6:30 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (3 certain places)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- NO SHOPPING STOPS
- Own expenses
- Cable car fee to Jinshanling Great Wall
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 06:30 0am and 07:30 0am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 05:30 am, ends at 06:30 pm
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the second ring road)
- If you do not stay within the second ring road, please go to McDonalds restaurant nearby exit C of Dongzhi Men Subway Station
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.