On this tour, you will learn about historic and cultural insights about some of Beijing's top attractions and then you can continue visiting some of Beijing's other attractions on your own with a good cultural background to understand the city better.
Meet your guide at 8:00 am at the lobby of the Tiantan Hotel, located in Tiantan East Gate Subway Station (1 Tiyuguan Road).
You will first visit the Temple of Heaven where it was used several times annually when the emperor, bearing the sins of his subjects, humbled himself before the heavens and performed rituals calculated to ensure a good harvest for the year. From an aerial view, the temple’s architectural style mimics the Chinese concepts of heaven and earth – the round edifice symbolizing heaven, rests upon the square base meant to symbolize earth. The dominant feature of the entire complex is the enormous Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests, an ornate and colorful structure mounted on a three-tiered marble altar. Amazingly, the wooden pillars ingeniously support the ceiling without a single nail, symbolizing the harmony between man and nature.
After the Temple of Heaven, your guide will take a taxi with you to the Summer Palace, which is the palace for the emperors to escape the heat of the city. The Summer Palace is one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial garden in China. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908. Your guide will choose a perfect route for you to enjoy this beautiful garden with lake and palaces.
Our tour ends at the Summer Palace at 12:00 pm. You can choose to stay more time in the complex or visit other attractions on your own. There is a convenient subway station just out of the Palace.
Tour starts at 8:00 am, ends at 12:00 pm
What You Get
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Transportation between Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace by taxi
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks
- Tour starts at 8:00 am, ends at 12:00 pm
- Minimum Pax: 1 Person, Maximum Pax: 6 Person
- Recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes, there are quite a lot of walking for the tour
How To Use
- Meet your guide at 8:00 am at the lobby of the Tiantan Hotel, located in Tiantan East Gate Subway Station (1 Tiyuguan Road).
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for the guide to verify
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.