In this tour, you will learn about historic and cultural insights about some of Beijing's top attractions and then you can continue visiting some of Beijing's other attractions on your own with a good cultural background to understand the city better.
Meet your guide at 8:00 am at the lobby of the Beijing Hotel NUO Forbidden City, located in Wangfujing Subway Station (33 Chang'an Avenue).
You will take a few minutes to walk to the Forbidden City (built over 700 years ago) where Ming and Qing emperors once lived and ruled in opulence. The palace is a crazy maze of buildings, bridges, halls, and alleys. Our guide will help you to identify the most important sites and imagine how life was for those inside hundreds of years ago.
After the 90 minutes visit to the Forbidden City, you will then take a taxi with the guide to the Shichahai area. You will walk the old hutong alleys that hide different courtyards and are the soul of old Beijing'er's life. You will walk along the Houhai lakes and where you can appreciate the beautiful scenery. Across Yindin Bridge is Yandaixie street which is a winding street with a lot of local shops and cafes. You can pick up some souvenirs and trinkets here and try some local famous street snacks. Then you will arrive in the Bell Tower and Drum Tower, two symbols of the old Beijing. The guide will stop and tell you about some of the history. You will walk a few minutes more and arrive to Nanluoguxiang street which is a hot spot for both tourists and the locals.
Our tour ends at the entrance of the alley at 12:00 pm, and you can start walking this street on your own or your guide can help you take a taxi back to your hotel.
Tour starts at 8:00 am, ends at 12:00 pm
What You Get
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Taxi between Forbidden City and the Hutongs
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes, there are quite a lot of walking for the tour
How To Use
- Tour starts at 8:00 am, ends at 12:00 pm
- Passport details are required when booking this tour to purchase the Forbidden City tickets in advance
- Please bring your Passport on the travel date
- Note: Tour is not available on Monday
- Minimum Pax: 1 Person, Maximum Pax: 6 Person
- Meet your guide at 8:00 am at the lobby of the Beijing Hotel NUO Forbidden City, located in Wangfujing Subway Station (33 Chang'an Avenue).
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for the guide to verify
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
How To Buy
- After purchasing, kindly email all traveller passport details to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is for our operator to pre- purchase the Forbidden City Tickets.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.