Cuandixia Village, located about 90 kilometers from Beijing, is a 400-year-old village with more than 70 preserved Ming Dynasty-style courtyards.
Cuandixia Village, located about 90 kilometers from Beijing, is a 400-year-old village with more than 70 preserved Ming Dynasty-style courtyards. With its picturesque views, it is the perfect escape from the city to go for a hike in the nature.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Beijing city centre to start this tour. You will be driven to Cuandixia Village in a private air-conditioned vehicle. The village is located about 90 kilometers away, and the drive there will take between 2 and 2.5 hours in total, depending on traffic.
Cuandixia village is sometimes called the “Potala Palace” of the Beijing region, due to its scenic location on a slope. After arriving in the village, you will go for a wander around the courtyard houses, taking a look at the traditional architecture. You’ll be able to experience real Chinese village life, as the architecture has been preserved in the way it was since the Ming Dynasty.
Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch at a restaurant with a view over the rooftops. Your knowledgeable guide will help to explain to you what the dishes are, which are specific to this village using lots of wild green ingredients such as lily magnolia buds, and mountain mushrooms. All ingredients used in cooking are found in the region, and have been for a long time.
Following on from lunch, you’ll be taken on a hike to see the village from the Viewpoint. The hike will provide plenty of photo opportunities, and you’ll see the Ming-era Temple on the way. This temple was preserved beautifully, and gives real insight into the religious practices of the inhabitants of Cuandixia at the time. Your guide will tell you more about religious customs, and you can ask her any questions you might have.
After this visit, we’ll take you back to your hotel in the city.
- Wander past quaint courtyard homes on the gentle mountain slopes of Cuandixia, an authentic Ming Dynasty village
- See the Viewpoint's panoramic vistas after a pleasant hike through green pines and verdant cypresses
- Savour traditional dishes made with lily magnolia buds, mountain mushrooms, and other locally-sourced ingredients
Tour starts at 08:00am, ends at 02:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Beijing City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.