A fabulously enthralling and quirky way of immersing yourself in Chinese culture.
We will meet early in the morning and take a whistle-stop tour of the delightful Drum and Bell district with its famous 13th-century towers. Then, it’s onto the main event: immersing yourself in the mystical world of Taiji Boxing. For 90 minutes, you will follow a Taiji Master and disciple of Yang’s style of Taiji Boxing to learn about and then have a go at this ancient and revered Chinese sport. Taiji focuses on improving oneself mentally and physically, so be prepared to come away better than you began.
Characterised by deliberately slow, rhythmic movements, Taiji deals with the delicate balance between Yin and Yang and the harmony between human beings and nature. This makes it not only a martial arts theory but also a treasure trove of the profound wisdom of life. Once you have mastered the art of Taiji, worked up a sweat, and cram your brain full of life lessons, it is time to fill our stomachs. We will visit a local restaurant to taste an authentic local breakfast, featuring steamed buns, fried dough sticks, mung bean milk, and stewed pork liver.
Our tour will end after our meal, but before you go, be sure to talk to your local guide to help you discover where locals eat, drink, and shop in Beijing so that you can get the best out of the Forbidden City during your visit.
- Experience the art of Taiji Boxing with a master
- Visit the Drum and Bell Tower neighbourhood
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 2.5 Hours
What You Get
- Local English-speaking guide
- Taiji lesson fee
- Additional food and drinks
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide.
- What to wear: Loose or comfortable clothes.
- Infants from 0-5 years can travel for free.
- Child aged 6-11 years pay the child rate.
- Meeting Point: The travellers would be picked up from ShiChaHai Metro Station (line 8), outside of exit C.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.