Discover some of the most important tourist attractions of Beijing and complete your experience with a dumpling cooking class in a family hutong.
Discover some of the most important tourist attractions of Beijing like Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and the magnificent views from Jingshan Park. Complete your Beijing experience with a dumpling cooking class in a family hutong.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Beijing city centre.
You will visit Tiananmen Square, one of the main symbols of Beijing. The square is one of the biggest in the world, and it is full of monuments and important venues like the National Flag Pole, the Monument to the People's Hero, the Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall, the Great Hall of People and the National Museum.
Then you will proceed to visit the Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved ancient imperial palace in China with over 500 years of history. Here you will learn about the history of this sprawling World Heritage–listed complex, where Ming and Qing emperors once lived and ruled in opulence. Take in some of the 1,000 rooms and 800 buildings, and marvel at the exquisite luxury of imperial life.
Continue to visit the Jingshan Park, one of the most well known imperial gardens in China.
Jingshan Park is an artificial hill constructed almost a thousand years ago from the soil excavated in forming the moats of the Forbidden City and nearby canals. On top of the hill you can have a full and clear bird’s eye view of the Forbidden city, and when you go down you will see local citizens doing their morning ritual exercises such as Taichi, dancing and singing.
After Jingshan Park you will visit a local hutong family that will help you prepare and cook famous Chinese dumplings. Dumplings is the main food that people will have on Chinese New Year’s Eve to wish that they will have prosperity in the New Year. Nowadays people can buy dumplings in the market but the home made dumplings always taste better. The family will show you how to cook dumplings and then you will have the chance to taste what you have made. It will be a memorable experience.
Before being dropped-off at your hotel, you will visit a local Tea Shop where you will have the opportunity to learn more about tea culture and to purchase some for yourself to try.
- See 360-panoramic views of Beijing from Jingshan Park's hilltop
- Cook Chinese dumplings in a traditional hutong near the Forbidden City
- Feel like an Emperor as you stroll through the (no-longer) Forbidden City, just north of the iconic Tiananmen square
Tour starts at 09:00am, ends at 04:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Dumpling cooking class in a Hutong family house
- Your cooked dumplings for lunch
- Additional expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Beijing City Centre (within 3rd Ring Road)
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
- Passport Details of All Travellers required for our operator to purchase the Admission Ticket into Forbidden City
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of Hotel
- Passport Details of All Travellers
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.